Sunday 20 September 2015

My Own Representation


Stylers:
Still representing status and style, it’s about partying, looking good and staying ahead of cool. Stylers hold strong on the UK Tribes map – innately cool and stylish, the rising influence of Urban fashion and music have made them a hugely aspirational Tribe for youth today. As luxe sportswear and Urban high fashion has hit the Aspirants, more young people than ever before are looking like a Styler and aspiring to their luxury lifestyle. 

I think I am part of the stylers as I have a huge interest in fashion, especially urban fashion. I love vintage sportwear and put a lot of thought into the outfits I wear. I also have a big interest in music and think that my style matches my music taste. 

Trendies:
Trendies are driven by beautiful things and beautiful people, Trendies love fashion and are always looking for the next big trend!
They’re the biggest outwardly ‘brand-me’ Tribe – they’re universally aspirational in fashion and music, both offline and online.The rise of Mainstream Brand Me behaviours and fast fashion means the Trendies are still going strong and are one of the biggest Tribes on the map in 2015. Their influence is if anything growing, as more and more Trendies lean towards vlogging and sharing their super-soft-focus, Instagrammable lives online – inspiring younger teens to live a perfect life.


I think that I am also part of this tribe as I am always inspired by different peoples styles. I mainly get influenced on social media sites such as Instagram. I follow a lot of interesting people on there who dedicate their accounts to fashion. I also get influenced by celebrities and models. Gigi Hadid for example has influenced me with difference outfits. 

Media figures:

Out in New York.
Kendall Jenner: Kendall Jenner's style is very influential to me. I would describe her as being very up to date with the fashion trends and has a classy, relaxed style. This is influential to me as I think it's perfect for everyday wear and is great for all seasons. 


Ellie Goulding: I like Ellie Goulding's fashion as it is quite casual but very fashionable. That is the sort of style I try to go for as I think it's appropriate for most occasions, therefore I think Ellie Goulding is very influential to me. 


Elizabeth Jane Bishop: Model Elizabeth Jane Bishop is one of my biggest fashion influences. She has a very individual style which I love. This could range from urban-grunge to pastel pink dresses. She wears outfits which some people wouldn't even think of wearing, which is one of the main reasons she inspires my fashion. 


Cara Delevingne: Cara's style is relaxed but elegant which I love. Overall, Cara Delevingne is a very influential figure for most teenage girls. She has an attitude which shows that she says/does whatever she likes and doesn't mind what people think. This promotes individuality which is great and influences my fashion sense. 

Do you consciously 'model' (copy modes of dress, style yourself, act like) yourself on any of these media figures? Why is that?
I think that I do consciously 'model' myself on these media figures. This is mainly through modes of dress and how I style myself, however some of my actions may be influenced by them subconsciously. I look for fashion inspiration from them as I like the way that they look and how they portray themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment